Resources for learning Vietnamese
For resources on pronunciation, please visit its dedicated page here.
- LeeRit: Look up and save Vietnamese words with a right-click through a Firefox Extension
- Vietgle: English, Chinese, French ↔ Vietnamese; Korean → Vietnamese
- Pronunciation for Vietnamese words (When searching mode is Vietnamese → Vietnamese/Other Languages)
- Auto-translation: English → Vietnamese
- English-Vietnamese Bilingual articles
- VDict: English, French, Vietnamese ↔ Vietnamese; Chinese, Russian → Vietnamese
- Open Vietnamese Dictionaries Project: English, German, French, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Czech, Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian ↔ Vietnamese
- Tra từ: English, Chinese, French, Japanese ↔ Vietnamese
For tools to learn Vietnamese, please visit the tools page here.
For a listing/comparison of where to learn Vietnamese for free, please consult Where to learn Vietnamese.
The followings are some of the freely available radios in Vietnamese
- The Voice of Vietnam: 5 channels VoV1 - VoV5 and VoVTV television
- The Voice of Ho Chi Minh People
- Hanoi Radio-Television
- BBC Vietnamese
- Radio Free Asia
- Voice of America in Vietnamese
- Radio Free Vietnam
The most widely-known newspapers in Vietnam
- Tuoi Tre (~The Youth)
- Thanh Nien (~ The Young Adult)
- Lao Dong (The Labor)
- Cong An Nhan Dan (~The People's Police)
For a longer list of Vietnam news sites, please visit the auto-updated site Bao Moi.
- VN Thu Quan (~ VietNam Bookstore): A comprehensive database of Vietnamese poems with convenient search or browsing options.
- An English article featuring some well-known Vietnamese poems after 1932.
- Featured poems have English and French translations.
The popular music sites (with all standard functionalities such as search, browsing, etc.):